Traffic jams, weather-related delays, and finding a parking spot can contribute to employee stress and burnout, leading to less productivity and often missed work or tardiness.
So, what can employers do to help relieve these issues and add an incentive for new and existing employees? Commuter benefits is the answer.
Commuter benefits are pre-tax benefits that allow employees to spend tax-free dollars on commuting costs. The result is more take-home pay for the employee and fewer payroll taxes paid by the employer.
When we think of commuting, we tend to only think of shared transportation like carpooling, ride services like Lyft, or public transport like trains and buses. But what about parking?
In addition to the commuting services, Edenred also offers parking benefits. These benefits can be provided in a variety of ways:
- Prepaid cards – A true “swipe and go” solution, these prepaid cards are accepted by vendors nationwide.
- Monthly direct pay – Direct monthly payment to parking and vanpool providers.
- Commuter Check for parking vouchers – Vouchers are made payable to the parking provider.
- Parking cash reimbursement – Reimbursement for one-off parking needs.
- SpotHero – Easily book affordable parking at more than 5,000 garages, lots, and valets, and pay with a prepaid card.
To provide a top-notch benefits experience, Edenred has partnered with SpotHero to provide parking benefits.
- Find parking – Find and compare parking prices at thousands of lots and garages across North America.
- Pay and reserve -Pay with fast guest checkout and get a prepaid parking pass/reservation instantly via email. The SpotHero Parking Guarantee backs all reservations.
- Arrive and park – When you arrive, follow the instructions included on your pass. Typically, you'll scan a QR code, show the attendant your reservation, or add your license plate number.
- Park and save – SpotHero is offering new Edenred users 15% off (up to $5) when you add parking to your commuter benefits account. Just use discount code EDENRED and you'll see the savings.
In today's competitive jobs market, offering only traditional benefits like health insurance is no longer enough. Easing the stress felt when trying to find a parking spot is just one of the small ways you can support your employees and strengthen your benefits portfolio. Schedule a meeting with us today to learn more.