As Summer begins to whine down and kids start going back to school, many of us are faced with transitional expenses that can put strain on our finances.
Whether you’re a parent preparing for the back-to-school season or a young professional adjusting to a new season and in need of a new wardrobe, there is a lot to consider and plan for.
If your employer works with Edenred to offer you Lifestyle Spending Accounts, this program can help ease that transition. We’ll show you how it works.
Edenred can help lower your expenses with Lifestyle Benefits
Using your Lifestyle Spending Accounts (which can be spent on anything from groceries, pet care, and gym expenses, to back-to-school supplies, or updating your wardrobe) to lessen the burden of seasonal costs is easier than you might think.
When your employer works with Edenred to manage your LSA plan, employees will receive a prepaid card to be used towards your Lifestyle Benefits. Your card will be connected to the Edenred mobile app, allowing you to easily check your card balance. Now, let’s dive into how you can make the most of your LSA.
Here are 5 ways your LSA can help you as the Summer whines down:
- Back-to-school shopping: Parents, your LSA can help cover the costs of everything from school supplies to your child’s wardrobe and sports equipment. And since the cost of back-to-school has skyrocketed (parents are spending an average of over $860 per child for school supplies), using your benefits will take some of the weight off your wallet.
- Updating your personal & professional wardrobe for cool temps: As the season changes, so do your clothing needs. Use LSA to help cover the costs of warmer clothing and footwear.
- Gear up for fitness & fun: Planning a camping trip to enjoy the cooler weather or starting a new sport this season? Use Lifestyle Spending Accounts to purchase essential camping or athletic equipment. Or if you’ve been working out in the sun and need to transition back to the gym, use your LSA to cover gym fees.
- Personal lifestyle changes: This is a good time to get your financial house in order or to pursue your continuing education. Use your LSA to hire a Financial Counselor or Planner to help you better understand your finances or tackle existing debt. Or use it to take a course or class that has caught your interest or could further your career.
- Health, dining, & groceries: With change comes a change in available produce and seasonal meals (and if you’re a parent, you now have to plan for packed lunches). Whether dining out or cooking in, make use of your LSA to savor the flavors of a new season by using it on groceries. And if you’re new to cooking or would like to learn more about how food affects your health, consider using your LSA to consult with a Certified Nutritionist.
Get rolling with your LSA program today!
Edenred’s Lifestyle Spending Accounts are one of our most flexible benefits and can be customized to meet your company’s values and priorities. Schedule a meeting with us so we can discuss the best options for you and your employees.